We aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and expect our patients to treat our staff in a similarly respectful way. It is your responsibility to keep your appointments, inform us of your past illnesses, medication, allergies and any other relevant details.
Waiting time – Consultations with the nurse or doctor are by appointment only. Except in exceptional circumstances you should expect to be seen within 30 minutes of your appointment time. If you have to wait longer than 30 minutes we will endeavour to advise you as to why this is.
- Home visits – Home visits are carried out at the discretion of the doctors and clinical need.
- Access to the doctors – You should expect to be able to be seen by a Doctor or Nurse for an emergency on the same day.
- Repeat Prescriptions – To ensure effective access for emergency calls, we do not accept requests for repeat prescriptions over the phone. Requests for repeat prescriptions will be processed in 3-4 working days
- Test Results – Please telephone the surgery after 2.00 pm Monday-Friday for the results of your tests.
- Patient Feedback – Complaints should be directed to the Practice Manager. We want to be sure to continue to improve our services to you. Any constructive suggestions are more than welcome. Always remember, this is your surgery, so help us to improve the service we offer to you
- Removal from our list – We have a right to remove patients from our lists if they repeatedly and persistently ignore their responsibilities to us and other patients.
- Appointments – Please try to keep your appointments and be punctual. If you cannot attend please tell us as soon as possible so your appointment can then be offered to someone else.
- Home Visits – The less time a Doctor spends traveling, the more time is available for patients. Please do not ask for a home visit unless it is strictly necessary.
- Repeat Prescriptions – Please order your prescriptions on-line or use your printed repeat request slip (see Repeat Prescriptions for further details). We do not take requests over the telephone.
- Test Results – Results of tests take varying times to return to the Surgery. When having a test please ask how long the results are likely to take to return
- Zero tolerance – Patients attending the practice, whether in person or by telephone should behave in a manner that respects the rights of others including practice staff and other patients. Bad language, offensive remarks or threatening behaviour will be deemed unacceptable and the practice reserves the right to remove patients from the list if they are abusive or violent in any way. Patients are requested to respect practice premises at all times.